Friday, April 4, 2014

The Bug Fairy

Ruthie is named after my Grandmother. My Grandmother only grew one thing in her garden. Mint! It was a very small area next to her kitchen door. She lived in a small bungalow on a city lot. Grandma Ruth had mint in her tea pot at every meal.  She also made the best Sweet Tea.  She took the left over tea and added it to a pitcher along with the juice of two freshly squeezed lemons and 1 cup of sugar.

Mint can get out of control if you let it grow in your garden. But I don't care. My sisters and my daughters all have a spot for mint at their homes. It is a must for us to grow. The scent reminds me of my younger days of time spent with Grandma. I always volunteered to cut the mint for the tea.

Ruthie is kind and gracious, just like my Grandmother. Ruthie makes friends easily. She calls every insect and animal who live in our garden her friends. I expect by the end of summer they will all have names. As long as they all play nice together, they are welcome in our garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment