Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Naming a Fairy

Before
When I met the seven fairies last Fall I never imagined it would be so difficult to name them. Yes, I gave them each a name but then some of the names seemed to be to .... vanilla? I am now happy with all but one. Originally named her Rosa Lynn. She was the first of the seven fairies to get a makeover.

 I wanted to welcome a few fairies to my garden. I did not want a version of the same fairy that is mass produced and has no story. The fairies in my garden would be one of a kind. In November I was browsing an antique store and a basket of old worn looking dolls caught my attention. I have never been attracted to old dolls. In fact I thought they are usually creepy, but this was different. These old dolls had these beautiful vintage faces. They cried out for a new home. They reminded me of Gypsies because they must have traveled to many places before we met. Thus, the tale began.
After fairy makeover

No comments:

Post a Comment